“The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. -Henry David Thoreau
At Stretchery we believe that being green and sustainable can be a part of every aspect of your life from what you cook and consume, to what you wear to even your vacations! As we all roll into summer we wanted to give you some ideas for trips that are not only fun but support you and your family’s and friends’ lifestyle.
The perfect place to start is with the Rainforest Alliance. If you want to feel certain about the hotel you will be staying in, look for hotels that are Rainforest Alliance Certified. Not only do all certified hotels have minimal impact on the environment they go the extra mile to ensure that their business supports the local community and benefits the ecosystem and wildlife that surrounds the location. The Rainforest Alliance can also guide you towards outdoor adventures and tours that are based on green business practices.
Listed below are 25 green vacations waiting for you to explore!
- Rancho La Puerta, Mexico
- Blue Lagoon, Iceland
- Stanford Inn, Mendocino Coast, California
- The Kasbah du Toubkal, Morocco
- Nimmo Bay Resort, British Columbia
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort, Costa Rica
- Pikaia Lodge, Galapagos Islands
- Singita Lebombo Lodge in South Africa
- Arctic Kingdom
- Treebones Resort, California
- Assiniboine Lodge, Canada
- Cunucu Arubiano, Aruba
- Mahali Mzuri, Africa
- Sundance Resort, Utah
- The Colony Hotel, Maine
- The Woodstock Inn, Vermont
- Windstar Cruises
- Fregate Island, Seychelles
- Jean-Michel Cousteau Fiji Islands Resort
- Heron Island Resort, Australia
- Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach, Phuket
- Milia Mountain Retreat, Greece
- Wolwedans in NamibRand Nature Reserve
If you’re not in a place where you have the financial capability or time to get away from work or family for a long vacation, there are still options! Day trips to nearby parks, campgrounds, rivers and lakes can make for a wonderful getaway! Pack a picnic with all of your favorites (remember to bring a trash bag to clean up after yourself!) and spend some time outdoors with a book, meditate to the sounds of nature, and give yourself a break from the constant hustle and bustle to be at one with yourself and the beauty around you.
At Stretchery we want what is best for you and our environment and a green getaway or vacation is just the right thing for summer, enjoy!
Leave a comment